Thursday, January 23, 2014

Called to Serve piano duet ready for download

A young man in our Ward wants to play a duet of Called to Serve with his Grandma for a special musical number in our Ward. Because I have so much going on right now - (I am an early morning seminary teacher, Ward Organist, Ward Choir Director, Ward Music Chairman, professional genealogy researcher,) I went to all my favorite music sites hoping to find a fairly easy arrangement for them. Nothing. OK, I said, I'll write one for you, but it will take a couple of months.

Then I sat down at my piano and started playing with the melody and chords and the arrangement practically wrote itself!

The playback is not the greatest. The end is supposed to slow way down and my playback won't do that. Also the Primo is way too loud and drowns out the Secondo when it has the melody in the second verse. So...make allowances for that.

Yes. I know there are programs out there that could do a better job, but they take time to research, buy, download, learn etc. And time is at a premium in my life right now. (See above)

So, here it is, a week later. Not too hard - I'd say it is intermediate level - but fun!

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Oops! measure 38 in the Secondo part was notated an octave too high! Blonde Alert! It is fixed now. So if you downloaded this already, you might want a new copy. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to download this piece but I can't see the download button or link. Can you help me? :)

    ReplyDelete